Tradewinds Transportation LLC
Driver Job Description
Fundamental Job Duties: Operate a freight truck to transport products to suppliers or customers. Will transport various types of material from building products to beverages, paper products to vinyl as dispatch directs. Must maintain a commercial drivers licenses (Class A) and current medical card to operate a tractor semi-trailer, and will comply with DOT, State, Federal or Company regulations. Must secure all loads with proper tie down equipment. May perform light maintenance from time to time. Home time schedule will depend greatly on fleet, and lanes that are operated in.
Essential Job Functions:
- 1. Operate truck as needed, driving to customer yards/strapping/un-strapping product, open/close curtains or doors.
- 2. Secure all loads using winch bar, load straps and V-boards when necessary.
- 3. Perform light maintenance when necessary. (Light bulbs, headlights, and brake adjustments, ETC.)
- 4. Continuously observe instruments on vehicular ewquipment as needed to maintain equipment.
- 5. Perform pre/post-trip and en-route inspections to comply with DOT, Federal, State and Company policies.
- 6. Fueling tractor at various truck stops.
Essential Job Requirements:
- 1. Sit continuously, driving/standing and walk occasionally while strapping/un-strapping product.
- 2. Lift/carry, push/pull 1 to 60 pounds occasionally as required to move curtains, roof supports, and tie down equipment.
- 3. Crawl/kneel/lift/squat occasionally/use shoulders/arms/hands occasionally to throw/remove straps from load.
- 4. Climb on/off/twist occasionally reach above shoulders/below the knees when strapping/un-strapping, un-hooking or hooking up to a trailer.
- 5. Repeated use of hands, wrists and shoulders while steering/tightening straps.
- 6. Use speech occasionally/vision, hearing continuously/reading frequently when driving.
- 7. Bend/kneel, twist, push/pull use of hands/wrist and shoulders occasionally when installing tire chains 15 to 55 pounds for winter driving conditions, when tire chains are required.
- 8. Hours per shift: 10/14 hours in a 24-hour period. Breaks are determined by driver/schedule.
- 9. Good depth perception/agility/good eye to hand coordination/discipline to stay alert on the road.
Employees are required to perform job functions/requirements according to the safety policies and procedures of this company.
All new drivers and existing drivers will operate their vehicle in a safe and professional manor. Many health hazards can be avoided by using your experience as a professional driver and common sense. Our industry is highly regulated in the areas of management, maintenance and driver safety, but sometimes the regulations and guidelines we abide by aren't enough to remind us of the checks and balances we need to complete on a regular basis.
Any task that a driver performs from essential or non-essential job functions involves a certain amount of risk, reducing these risks depends on the actions of you the driver; use your judgment to complete this task safely.
I have read the accompanying job description for Professional Semi-Driver with Tradewinds Transportation - check here *
By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am fully capable of performing the job of Professional Semi-Driver as stated in the job description without any restrictions.
I have read the above statement and accompanying job description. I also understand what is required to successfully perform the job duties.